Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Tequila Avión



Product placement is nothing new in tv/movies nowadays, but like most casual Entourage viewers, I thought that Turtle's new business interest in Tequila Avión was a purely fictitious company. Turns out it's for real and has been launched in NY and CA. What is kinda cool is that HBO/Entourage supposedly is ad free and doesn't take money for product placement. Any real product is used purely to make the character/scene more realistic. My next thought was that Mark Cuban probably has an interest in the company and approached them with the idea, offering in exchange to appear in a number of episodes. However, from what I've read so far it seems like Cubes has no interest and this is Ellin's creation. Either way, I'm sure this will work out great for Tequila Avion, and I'm not gonna lie...call me a sucker for good advertising, but I'll probably go check it out myself.

Here's an article about how Marquis Jet tycoon Kenny Dichter, who was Ellin's childhood friend launched Avion and got it on Entourage.

An article from Thirsty in LA on the new tequila and its Tasting Notes

and Here is Tequila Avion's Official Wesbite which notes where you can have a drink or buy a bottle.

Salt. Lime. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment