Wednesday, March 4, 2009

K'Naan - Troubador



When I first heard the single If Rap Gets Jealous it definitely caught my attention, but I wasn't sure if I liked it. I had to listen to it a few times, and it grew on me. After checking out a few other tracks and hearing good things about this cd, I decided to buy it. And I'm really glad I did, because it has been excellent! Dope funky beats with an African infuence mixed with a different sounding yet smooth flow, and each song has a very different flavor.

Read the bio on K'NAAN

I was gonna talk about some of the tracks I like (Waivin' Flag, Take a Minute, Somalia, People Like Me, Bang Bang feat. Maroon 5's Adam Levine, America feat. Mos Def and Charli 2na, Dreamer, etc. etc. etc.), but to be honest I would have to touch on all of them since they are all pretty unique, and I'm far too lazy to do that, so just trust me and buy the album for yourself. Plus it was 16 tracks + video for only $7.99 on iTunes today...quite the deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment