Monday, February 2, 2009

Santonio Holmes X LeBron James



Above: Video of Santonio Holmoes doing the LeBron chalk move as his celebration for his game winning touchdown!!

Good times with Super Bowl XLIII!! Pretty exciting 4th quarter. Going into the game I didn't really care who won. Raiders don't even know there are playoffs, and the Chargers fell short once again. That being said, prior to the game I decided to root for the Steelers. My primary reasons were: I pretty much like the players on each team, but I wasn't too excited to see Matt "Clipboard/Beer Bong" Leinart get a ring. I also like how physical the Steelers play, and how Hines Ward, Polamalu, & Co. destroyed someone on weekly basis during the season. Plus Mike Tomlin seems like a cool coach, and any team who lets Omar Epps coach them is cool in my book. My other reasons were that the Steelers ownership help get the Rooney rule to help with minority coaching hirings. Politically, the Rooneys/Steelers also did a lot of work in Pennsylvania and donated a lot to Obama's campaign, whereas Arizona is well....Arizona. Plus, I support our President, and he was rooting for the Steelers haha! But also, the party I went to was filled with former UofA people, so out of the 30-50 people at the party, there were exactly 3 of us cheering for Steelers. Even though Pitt was slightly favored, it felt like I was rootin for the underdog. Good game, Good party, good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment