Monday, February 2, 2009

Will.I.Am - Take Our Planet Back



First, I was thinking....hmmm...when did Will.I.Am become the musical voice of politics/revolution/change/social justice...whatever you want to call it. Not that it's a bad thing, I was just wondering where the transition came from songs like Joints & Jams, Lets Get Retarded, Got it From My Momma, Ayyer, Fergalicious, etc....to becoming so active politically and seemingly having every new song about the state of the world at the moment. But it doesn't really matter, at least he is trying to make an impact, so I definitely give him credit for that. Musically, don't care for this song as much as Yes We Can, It's a New Day...but the video is pretty powerful and it's still a good message....plus he uses my mom's choir again :) So enjoy...and see what you think for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment